FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18 (Day 2) FIELD TRIP FOR GRADE 8-12 STUDENTS!
- Concert Ticket Cost: $10 DUE BY FRIDAY NOV 4
- All students MUST return to Burnaby South after the performance for final attendance
- We will use the "buddy system": all students will be paired with a buddy who you must be with at all times especially when boarding the skytrains
- We will walk along Seymour Street downtown to go to/from The Orpheum
- In addition to the $10 concert ticket charge, you are also responsible for paying for your skytrain fares and for bringing a lunch (NOTE: you will NOT be able to buy a lunch during the field trip, so please bring snacks and a lunch!)
- We will meet in room D223 (Choir Room) at Burnaby South at 9:40am on Friday, November 18th. After taking attendance we will walk to the Royal Oak Skytrain station, and then ride the skytrain to the Orpheum Theatre located on Granville Street downtown. We will return to the school via skytrain, arriving between 2 and 3pm depending on how long the rehearsal runs. If we arrive back at the school early, students are expected to return to their period 8 class. Parents/guardians: If you are interested in joining us on the field trip as a chaperone, please let me know.
Please complete the form given to you in class and return it to your music teacher, along with your $10, by Wednesday, November 2nd.
VSO's open rehearsal program, Symphonic Encounters, takes you behind the scenes to discover what it takes for the musicians, conductors, and production team of the Vancouver Symphony to prepare for a world class concert.
In addition to the rehearsal, we also offer the following activities for you and your students:
Meet a Musician: During the break, a VSO musician will be available to answer any questions students may have about a career in music or the rehearsal process.
Orpheum Tour: A 40-minute tour of the Orpheum Theatre is available as an alternative to sitting in on the second half of the rehearsal. Space is limited, so advance booking is required.
BEST OF BROADWAY
Friday, November 18, 11am–2pm
Stuart Chafetz, conductor
Kathy Voytko, vocalist
Ted Keegan, vocalist
Ron Remki, vocalist
Ricky Todd Adams, vocalist
We are going to hear "Best Of Broadway", but here is an example of the VSO playing the Imperial March from Star Wars. They are such a fantastic band!!!